Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Macbeth Witch-Bitch-ness.




This was done for a course 'film language' where we were shown four different versions/adaptations of Shakespeare's Macbeth.For a visual representation assignment i chose to do a re-characterisation of the witches. A part of it I guess is also inspired by Aubrey Beardsley's work which I was exposed to thanks to Akhila. After evolving so much this is what they finally ended up looking like. Someone has interesting things to say about this. Is the cat around?

8 comments:

delusmi said...

amazing characters
love the colors!

still water said...

am still waiting for the story/scenario!!!! :)

jazzlamb said...

it shall follow soon i guess.even i can't digest the fact that it doesnt have a scenario.and i won't stop till it does:'

Shreyas said...

what beardsley?

jazzlamb said...

Aubrey Beardsley, an artist from Art Nouveau.I hope I got the spelling right..his most known artwork : 'the peacock skirt'.

Shreyas said...

me know beardsley. I meant, it doesn't look very beardsleyish :-/

jazzlamb said...

oh.oh.that way.It changed a hell lottt after I saw his work.Must have been him.

devashish guruji said...

love the render..

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Jasjyot Singh Hans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.